VIN number search on E150

Informationen zur E-Serie von Ford

VIN number search on E150

Beitragvon mamut » Do 6. Jan 2011, 02:10

Hello,
after some time I'm back on this forum again. Sorry to write in English, but my wife don't find time for me to translate it to German.

I would need some help from you guys.
I just bought our 3rd Econoline van.
This time we bought E150, y. 1985, again from Germany.
Since it's more than 25 years old I can "import" it to Slovenia as "oldy".
For that purpose I need to find vehicle VIN number. I found it on a plate under the windscreen in front of steering wheel and on a sticker on drivers doors.
But that's not enough, they (guys at our registration office) wants to see also a VIN number on a vehilce frame.
Does anybody now where on a frame I could find stamped VIN number?
Thanks for help.

BTW if somebody is interested I can present our modification of E150 y.93 Mark III to a 4x4 motorhome. It's not finished yet. But I hope that we will finish it in next 14 days since we would like to go with it to Senegal at the end of January.

Best regards
Igor
mamut

Re: VIN number search on E150

Beitragvon ford-driver » Do 6. Jan 2011, 10:24

hallo Mamut in den Fahrzeugpapieren musste ein Vermerk sein (Eintrag) ,
wo und dass sich die VIN-Nummer auf den Fahrgestell (Fahrzeugrahmen) befindet von werk aus ist da keine.
die VIN-Nummer müsste auf der Rechten seite, im Fahrgestell (Fahrzeugrahmen) mit 8 bis 10 mm großen buchstabe und zahlen eingeschlagen sein , am Anfang und am Ende muss ein stern (*) oder TP (TP) Zeichen (single) sein.
Gruß Der Ford-Driver
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten

Photo Album
ford-driver
Econoline Fahrer

Beitragvon Jörg » Do 6. Jan 2011, 10:51

Sicher, dass eine im Rahmen eingeschlagen sein muss? Deutschland regelt zwar viel, aber es gibt noch mehr Ausnahmen. Bei dem blauen war die VIN-Nr. meines Wissens nur hinter der Windschutzscheibe angenietet. Da war nirgends was eingeschlagen, soweit ich weiß.
@Igor, wie ist das denn bei deinem ´93 E150?
Ansonsten: Wie ist das mit selbst einschlagen? Aber dran denken: Der Leiterrahmen ist das Fahrgestell, nicht die Karosse.
Ex-Eco: E 150 / Bj.12/92 / 110kW / 5,0 L / 2,4t LG / 3,1t GG / Hightop / Mark III / dunkelblau

aktueller Eco:
E 150 / Bj. ??/92 / 147kW / 5,8 L / 2,6t LG / 3,039t GG /Hightop / 707 / Farbe: Ford State Blue Pearl
Jörg
Econoline Fahrer

Beitragvon Darius » Do 6. Jan 2011, 18:30

Das ist mal wieder Deutschland :eek: bei mir hab ich nur unter motorhaube aufs blech draufgehauen und war fertig damit :D
Ex- E 150/Bj.99'/5,4L V8/194KW...
Neu-E 150/Bj.00'/5,4L V8/194KW...
...Cosworth,der mit dem Golf tanzt...
Man kann ein Auto nicht wie ein menschliches Wesen behandeln - ein Auto braucht Liebe
Darius
Econoline Fahrer

Beitragvon mamut » So 9. Jan 2011, 16:58

Thanks for answers. As I understand (google translate is not very helpful) than that van don't have any number on a chassis? Only under the windscreen.

2 days ago I have here first part of technical check for "oldi" certificate. We passed without problems for now. Guy from "oldi" asossiation was satisfied for now with that number under the windsreen. But more than a van I have a feeling he was interested in my money. He charge 420 euro only for 15 minutes vehicle check and photo shooting. :(
Now we have to pass two more checks before I will finally get SLO license plates. But I'm quite affraid for health of my vallet.

Here is also one picture of our 4x4 motorhome project ... hope that this week we will hear some v8 sound from it.
I will present it more in details latter when we will now that this thing will be driveable.

Bild
mamut

Beitragvon Cobra-Kai » Mo 10. Jan 2011, 01:42

I had the same Problem here in Germany.
My Eco isn't licenced yet, but i had to go to the technical Check.

Here are 2 Institutes for that:
The green gowns from the DEKRA and the blue gowns from the TÜV.

My Father has a "so called" friend at the TÜV, so we went there.
After a few other harassments, he said the VIN-Plate isn't enough -> There has to be the VIN punched in the Frame or other Component, that cannot be removed.

We checked their Computer and it's said that there has to be the number in front across the frame or in back along the frame on the outside, short in front of the rear wheels.
It's a standart procedure in the couse of importing a vehicle from non EU-Countrys

....but someone was lazy and didn't do his job.

So I punched myself in the Frame - across in front was the best to reach :D

And next day i drove to the Dekra.
The only thing that inspector critizises was my Exhaust (Not to loud, just missing registration Code) and some of my Extra-Lights.

Is the Oldi-Certificate something compared to our H-Licence?
That means Cars which are over 30 Years old have to go to an extra technical check to get an extra H for historical on the license plate.
Usually this comes with a tax concession.
E150, '89er, 5.0L EFI,185+x PS, Aero-Hightop

Es ist OK eine Benzinschleuder zu fahren, wenn man damit Puppen aufreißt (Al Bundy)

Leistung bedeutet wie schnell man gegen die Wand fährt, Drehmoment bedeutet wie weit man die Wand mit sich reißt
Cobra-Kai
Econoline Fahrer

Beitragvon ford-driver » Mo 10. Jan 2011, 13:32

mamut hat geschrieben:

Here is also one picture of our 4x4 motorhome project ... hope that this week we will hear some v8 sound from it.
I will present it more in details latter when we will now that this thing will be driveable.

Bild

Coole Sache‎ , Gefällt Mir!
was für ein spenderfahrzeug hast du genommen für den Umbau ?
Gruß Der Ford-Driver
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten

Photo Album
ford-driver
Econoline Fahrer

Beitragvon mamut » Di 11. Jan 2011, 21:06

Oldi certificate = german H- license.
But in Slovenia till March you can get it with 25 years old car. From March further we will also have 30 years.
So I'm catching "last train" to arrange all documents under old laws.

Tomorrow I have second technical check. Hope everything will go smooth again.

Bad news is that my electricians left us for one week. Duty calls ... and now we will have to wait with finalisation of all cable works on 4x4 project for one week.
Thats very bad since we have to be on 30. January in Spain with it.

2 ford-driver: the shell of a used vehicle for our project it can be seen on a photo in the back of E150. What car that would be :?: :wink:
mamut

Beitragvon einfach V8 » Di 15. Feb 2011, 07:45

Hallo mamut,

was mach dein "4x4 motorhome project" bist du weitergekommen, und wie war deine Tour nach Spanien?
Bin neudierig mehr Bilder von deinem Van zu sehen.

Gruß,
einfach V8
E-350 | 07/97 | 230 PS | 5.4L | Euro2 | 367.000 Km
einfach V8
Econoline Besitzer

Zurück zu Modelle & Historie